Current Release: 1.0.1 (Nov 28, 2013)
- versioned interface is used to handle internal SCE plug-in - build-in gnulib package was updated to current version - bugfixes - selinux_domain_label and posix_capability properties were reintroduced to OVAL system characteristics model - selinux_domain_label now collects the domain/type (not the context) - oscap oval collect reports progress on stdout (not on the stderr) - typo in the manual page (rhbz#1032537), and another small clarification
A tarball is available at openscap-1.0.1.tar.gz.
SHA512 checksum: ac497e5bcf06ef570ee2b3e022310797a9ac16585115cd09bdf81777bad9ef09f4536970c1f00bc9b93c227ecd95403c81c06886adab0155aabac07a65e9c7ea
Archives can be found at https://fedorahosted.org/releases/o/p/openscap.
OpenSCAP is available on Fedora repositories. To install the library, oscap tool and SCAP content run:
# yum install openscap openscap-utils openscap-content
Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
The latest OpenSCAP is provided for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 from OpenSCAP repository. This version could be installed along with the official Red Hat OpenSCAP package thanks to Software Collection technology.
Follow these steps to install OpenSCAP and Software Collections support.
# wget -O /etc/yum.repos.d/openscap.repo http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/gitopenscap/openscap/epel-6-openscap.repo # yum install scap-testing-openscap scap-testing-openscap-utils scap-testing-openscap-content
Use scl command to run oscap tool from the Software Collection.
# scl enable scap-testing `oscap -V`
Please note, these packages are OpenSCAP community binary builds, packaged with RPM. The packages are not support by Red Hat.
The source repository for OpenSCAP is stored in git. Clone the repository by
$ git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/openscap.git
API changes and compatibility report is available at http://upstream-tracker.org/versions/openscap.html
- The United States Government Configuration Baseline (USGCB): http://usgcb.nist.gov/usgcb/rhel/download_rhel5.html
- Red Hat patch definitions for security updates: http://www.redhat.com/security/data/oval/
- National Checklist Program Repository: http://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/ncp/repository
- scap-security-guide: https://fedorahosted.org/scap-security-guide/
Script Check Engine
- Sectool tests available in XCCDF+SCE format. OpenSCAP repository