- OpenSCAP is a set of open source libraries providing an easier path for integration of the SCAP line of standards.
- SCAP is a line of standards managed by NIST with the goal of providing a standard language for the expression of Computer Network Defense related information.
- Common - Objects and mechanisms used across all parts of library.
- CCE - Common Configuration Enumeration
- CPE - Common Platform Enumeration
- CVE - Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures
- CVSS - Common Vulnerability Scoring System
- OVAL - Open Vulnerability and Assessment Language
- XCCDF - Extensible Configuration Checklist Description Format
- XCCDF_POLICY - Policy interface to XCCDF benchmark